Starpoint Gemini is a tactical space RPG set in a science-fiction universe, which focuses on the control and strengths of individual vessels and their captains. Players can travel the rich vastness of the Gemini star system freely, fight skirmishes with rogue ships, trade commodities, research anomalies, buy new vessels, upgrade their ships with state-of-the-art technology, increase their experience and rank to become more powerful and ultimately use all that in large scale engagements against other fleets of hostile ships.
Players re-emerge into the star system of Gemini after having been trapped in the so-called Stasis rift anomaly for over twenty years. Unaware of the passage of time, they find Gemini and everything they knew changed beyond recognition. The events that took place two decades ago closed the Gateway to Gemini, and thereby practically sealed the star system off from the rest of the universe. Isolation and unforeseen technological advancement due to the appearance of countless anomalies have turned Gemini to a place of political intrigue, greed and lust for power. The fate of Gemini has been shaped and the time for reckoning has almost come...
Gemini is a dangerous place with riches waiting to be claimed by the most daring and capable of captains.
- Free roaming space of the vast and interesting Gemini star system waiting to be explored.
- Over 50 large space sectors connected via entrances into hyperspace called T-Gates.
- Intriguing storyline full of schemes and plot twists pulling player deeper into main plot.
- Deep and immersive experience of a living star system full of space stations, asteroid mining bases, ore fields to be mined, randomly appearing anomalies, random encounters with hostile pirates or vessels in distress, trade convoys, military patrols, nebulas and more.
- Countless missions to be taken on at random through Freelance commission.
- Diverse skill system offering more than 30 upgradeable vessel maneuvers.
- Special passive bonus perks awarded at increasing your rank.
- Special built-in abilities making even smaller ship classes useful in fleet battles.
- Over 300 available ship upgrades ranging from weapons and energy shields to power core and thrusters.
- Various bonuses to be gained by enlisting additional experienced personnel for your ship.
- Modding tools made available post-release will allow gamers to unleash their creativity in a completely new environment.